.Not everyone can be an entrepreneur. They may not have the skills, knowhow, discipline or the interest to become one. And that’s okay! They want something else for their own lives.
If you’re thinking of becoming an entrepreneur, it can help to see the reasons why others don’t want to pursue that path. Knowing what’s preventing others to pursue entrepreneurship can help you know what to expect when you become an entrepreneur. The more prepared you are, the better for you and the higher the chances for success!
From the article “12 Common Reasons Why People Don’t Start Their Own Businesses”, here are the common reasons why people don’t start their own businesses:
- Fear of failure.
- Inadequate resources to start a business.
- No exposure to entrepreneurship.
- Don’t want the stress of entrepreneurship.
- They have found their passion in their jobs.
- Lifestyle choice: made the conscious decision to live with less, where they deliberately reduce their consumption and cashflow.
- Views starting a business as tough, hard work, and doesn’t want to go through that path.
- Poor view of people with money.
- No idea what business to start.
- Fear of selling.
- Need the security of a steady paycheck.
- Not driven to succeed.