.Starting and running a business entails focusing on creating results. It is about being proactive: setting up goals and taking the steps necessary to make them happen.
Brian Tracy in his book “No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline” gave this very inspirational advise:
To succeed in business, you need the self discipline to be proactive rather than reactive. You need to focus on solutions rather than problems. You need to concentrate on the most important thing you could possibly be doing every hour of every day rather than getting sidetracked by low-value or no-value tasks and activities.
BrightHub.com offers the following steps in changing to proactive view
- Understand the financial statements
- Know your business’ strengths that could affect the financial statements
- Delineate accountabilities and responsibilities to individuals and departments
- Align priorities with the organization’s goals
- Train staffs in decision-making