.How you perform each day will determine whether or not you will succeed in the long run. Self-discipline is very important; as it is what will push you to work on the business and persist despite the challenges you will face as you jumpstart your business.
According to Brian Tracy in his book “No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline“, here are seven steps to help you achieve your goals:
- Arise 2 hours before your first appointment or before you have to be at work, and use that time to read something educational, motivational and spiritual. This allows you to set yourself up mentally to have an excellent day
- Rewrite your goals, every day, as this can help you see and think of opportunities to achieve those goals all day long.
- Plan your day in advance, and set priorities on your work before you start off.
- Discipline yourself to concentrate single mindedly on one thing. Your ability to concentrate, once you hone it as a habit, can help double your productivity, performance and output.
- Listen to educational audio programs in your car. Use your time behind the wheel as an opportunity to learn more.
- Ask two magic questions after every call or event. Ask yourself, “What did I do right?” and “What would I do differently?”
- Treat every person you meet like a million dollar customer. When you treat others as valuable and important, they will return the favor by treating you as if you are valuable and important.