One approach used by many small business owners is to start their business while still employed full time. They jumpstart their business on the side, working on it part-time, while working full time on their day jobs.
If you are thinking of starting your own business while working full time, here are some things to consider:
- Be prepared to work double.
- Gauge the time requirement needed by your part time business
- Check whether the demands of your part time business will interfere with your day job.
- Make sure that you don’t use the resources of your day job for your business.
- Expect the business to grow at a slower pace.
- Be prepared for the stress.
- Study the manpower policies of your day job.
- Consider business ethics.
- Decide whether you will disclose or not to disclose to your superiors about your business on the side.
- Consider the impact of working on two things on your personal life