.During these tough economic times, you may be thinking of becoming an entrepreneur because you lost your job, or because you have a great idea, or because you cannot find a job you are interested in.
According to Tony Kubica and Sara LaForest in their article “Becoming an Entrepreneur – 10 Mistakes That Will Kill Your Transition From Executive to Entrepreneur”, here are 10 mistakes to avoid that will hurt your chances of becoming a successful entrepreneur
- Letting fear immobilize you: fear of failure, fear of success, fear of criticism, fear of feeling unappreciated and fear of thinking no one will like your product, your service or you.
- Failure to develop real relationships.
- Failure to respond quickly.
- Becoming a pusher, especially in sales
- Quitting at no.
- Getting stuck in perfection.
- Wearing your personal beliefs on your sleeve.
- Lack of focus.
- No executive presence, which is about being the part.
- Not showing gratitude. Becoming a success in your business never happens by yourself.