.Economists say that the recession ended in June 2009, and that we are now on the road to economic recovery. According to Lawn and Landscape Magazine in the article “Bad Marketing”, now is the time for small business owners to take action. Let your clients and prospects know that you are alive and well.
Here are the five things they suggest that small businesses do now that we are on the road to recovery:
- Clearly identify your target. Resist the urge to get any type of work you can get your hands on, especially if you cut into profitability and reputation. Stay focused on what you do best.
- Get out there in person. See and talk to your best clients (those who bring you 80 percent of your business), as much as possible, in person. You can’t sell when you are sitting in your office!
- Make business easier. Make it easy for prospects to contact you and buy from you. Answer your phones quickly and with enthusiasm. Look at your terms and review how enticing they are for customers.
- Follow up. No matter how big or small the job is, follow up just to make sure that the clients are happy.
- Target your marketing. Reach out to those people who fits the profile of your ideal client.