.Starting a business — with its demands, emotional and physical toll, and the challenges it brings — can be bad for families and relationships.
When a family member starts a business, the whole family can be affected — and not always for the better. Starting a business is an emotionally consuming, time-hogging and stressful experience that it can affect the entrepreneur. The family may also find that they are not emotionally ready for all the changes they are facing with the new business, including the risks involved.
From the article “8 Ways Starting a Business Can Affect Marriage and the Family,” here are some risks starting a business can bring to families and marriages:
- Lack of time to connect and interact with other family members.
- There may be an increasing sense of loneliness and isolation.
- When the family members think the business is nothing but a pipe dream.
- When the family thinks the entrepreneur is better off putting his time and energy elsewhere.
- When the family does not take the business seriously.
- When the family resources and assets are put at risk.
- When the entrepreneur changes — for the worst.
- Too much pressure and stress.