.To become a successful entrepreneur, you need to be an effective leader. Leaders have a can-do attitude, which you need if you want to succeed in business.
Paul Thornton in his book “Leadership-Off the Wall” lists what you can do to become a more effective leader:
- Think about the type of leader you want to be. Write down your guiding principles.
- Revise and update your principles as needed.
- Take time to think about how well you are practicing your leadership principles
- Realize you have blind spots. Be open. Solicit feedback from bosses, peers, employees and significant others to identify your strengths and improvement opportunities.
- Practice continuous improvement