.One of the ways to find financing for your business is through investors. But getting an investor to be interested in your business is not always easy. You need to do a lot of preparation to get your business presented in the best light and improve your chances of getting the investor on board your business.
According to Inc.com, here are tips that can help your business become more attractive to investors:
- Have audited, or at least reviewed, financials for the prior three years.
- Every dollar you add to profit increases value—so eliminate excess costs.
- Be sure your stated objectives for the sale match your personal objectives.
- Have in place qualified leadership
- Have an actionable strategic plan that shows growth.
- Hit or exceed your annual budget, particularly prior to and during the fundraising process.
- Don’t be your company’s best salesperson.
- Bring in experienced legal counsel.
- Be patient.