.To succeed in this competitive business environment, you need to be innovative. Don’t play catch-up with the leader; rather create new markets and reinvent new ones.
When talking about innovation, one company has mastered this strategy – Apple. According to the book The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs: Insanely Different Principles for Breakthrough Success, here are seven principles of innovation inspired by Apple founder Steve Jobs:
- Do what you love. Steve Jobs has followed his heart his entire life, and that has made all the difference.
- Think differently about your vision. Jobs attracts like-minded people who share his vision and who help turn his ideas into world-changing innovations.
- Kick start your brain. Think differently about how you think.
- Sell dreams, not products. Think differently about your customers.
- Say no to 1,000 things. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Think differently about design.
- Create insanely great experiences. Think differently about your brand experience. Jobs has made Apple Store the gold standard in customer service.
- Master the message. Think differently about your story. You can have the most innovative idea in the world, but if you cannot get people excited about it, your innovation doesn’t matter.