.Do you have what it takes to work on a business from your home? The truth is, not everyone is cut out to work from home. It is not as easy as a walk in the park, as some perceive it to be or some people may tell you about.
According to the article “Solo act — setting up a home-based business” , here are 10 things to consider to help you decide whether starting a solo home-based business is for you:
- Devise a plan of attack, by making absolutely sure a market exists for your product or services.
- Check if companies in your career field frequently rely on independent contractors to handle certain jobs
- Determine if the business that you are thinking of starting will require you to hire employees
- Get in the habit of filing estimated tax payments by the deadlines established by the IRS
- Save for retirement
- Think about your work space
- Think about child care
- Consider installing a separate phone line
- Look like a pro – from your website to business cards
- Be sure you have enough insurance