As you work towards your goal of successfully growing your small business, you need to have top-notch time management skills. Effective time management involves planning the amount of time spent you spend on all of the tasks of running a business — and your personal life — to get things done in the most effective and productive manner.
Here are quotes from successful entrepreneurs on time management:
There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important things. The more you take on, the more efficient you become. You only learn how much you can actually do by trying to do too much
Effective prioritizing is not based on deadlines or urgency. it is based on results. Effective prioritizing assigns value and order to events in advance of their occurrence and requires that you ask some new questions: What results does this task produce in your life? Which activities in your life produce the greatest results?
Just as you need to organize your physical belongings to remain in control of your physical space, you also need to organize your information resources to maintain control of your responsibilities and your time.
The reason so many people fail to achieve their goals is because they have not committed to defending a time in which they will work on their goals.
Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.
Read the following articles on Time Management:
- Manage Your Time Efficiently
- Learn to Deal with Stress and Pressure
- Use Your Time Wisely
- 3 Time Management Tips for the Self-Employed and Freelancers
- Comparing Time Management Between Employee & Entrepreneur
Recommended Books on Time Management:
- 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs
- Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind (The 99U Book Series)
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Work Smarter Not Harder: 18 Productivity Tips That Boost Your Work Day Performance