The toughest part of entrepreneurship is generating ideas. Whether the ideas may be a result of a systematic way of thinking, a sudden burst of creativity or simply happy accidents, successful entrepreneurs are those who have developed and implemented ideas that matter. If you want to succeed in business, you need to learn techniques that can spark your creativity, force you to think differently and thus generate new ideas.
Here are quotes from successful entrepreneurs and authors on generating business ideas:
One good idea is all you need to start a fortune. Business breakthroughs come from finding faster, cheaper, better, easier ways to perform a task.
Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Every advance in your life begins with an idea of some kind, and since your ability to generate new ideas is unlimited, your future can be unlimited as well.
I used to think that the key to success was the brilliance of the idea and implementation was easy. Now I think that ideas are easy, and the key to success is implementation.
The best customers for us are the ones that present us with a new problem, because chances are, if one customer has that problem, 100 more have it, or 1,000, or 10,000. So you start thinking about solution development rather than product development. That can mean anything from a new feature or capability to a new way to finance purchases or a new way to link things together.
Read the following articles on generating ideas:
- Don’t Let Adversity or Failure Defeat You
- Where to Find New Product Ideas
- How to Find Ideas to Improve Your Home Business
- Building Your Ideas for Success
- Top 10 Ways to Generate Brilliant Ideas
- Billion Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn from the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Ye ars
- The Ten Commandments for Business Failure
- A Guide to Business Failure
- Finding Success in Failure: True Confessions From 10 Years of Startup Mistakes (The Craftsman Founder’s Guide Book 2)
- How I Raised Myself From Failure