Finding opportunities for a business is easier than most people think. It all starts with finding a potential customer with a need, and develop something to address that need. Finding opportunities and good business ideas is a skill that entrepreneurs need to master.
Here are quotes from successful entrepreneurs on finding opportunities:
The best customers for us are the ones that present us with a new problem, because chances are, if one customer has that problem, 100 more have it, or 1,000, or 10,000. So you start thinking about solution development rather than product development. That can mean anything from a new feature or capability to a new way to finance purchases or a new way to link things together.
Customers don’t care how much time something takes to build. They only care that it serves their needs.
Read the following articles on Finding Opportunities:
- How to Find a Gap in the Market?
- 10 Ways to Realize Hidden Opportunities
- How Do You Determine the Needs of Your Target Market?
- How to Come Up with New Business Ideas
- Shaping Ideas into Profitable Businesses
- Finding Fertile Ground: Identifying Extraordinary Opportunities for New Ventures (paperback)
- The Evolution of Everything: How New Ideas Emerge
- New Ideas from Dead CEOs: Lasting Lessons from the Corner Office
- The Big Ideas Notepad: 100 Brainstorming, Mind-Mapping & Awesome Idea-Generating Sheets
- Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch, Third Edition