.We often hear the advice: “Work harder if you want to succeed.” However, according to Robert J. Kriegel, author of the book “How to Succeed in Business Without Working So Damn Hard” you don’t have to work hard to succeed.
In fact, working harder can be detrimental to you. The stress becomes so enormous that it takes a huge toll on you. Plus, it hinders performance, creativity and productivity. Instead, you need to work smarter.
Here are ways you can work smarter, not harder, in your business:
- Rushing slows you down – in your rush to go out to the market or to grow the business, you are prone to make more mistakes and do things without thinking it through
- Think like a beginner to reinvent your game and help you spot opportunities
- Flip the rules and think out of the box
- Don’t compete but change the game and reinvent what you do
- Bulk up the little guys by harnessing their two main advantages: innovation and speed