.Once you’ve made the decision to start a business and know what you want to achieve from your business, it is time to start taking the steps to getting the business off the ground.
Tamara Monosoff, author of the book “Secrets of Millionaire Moms: Learn How They Turned Great Ideas Into Booming Businesses” suggests taking the following steps in formulating your new business:
- Name your business, carefully taking into consideration not to name your business too narrowly and making sure that the corresponding domain name is available
- Get a business card, to help give your business the identity it deserves
- Create a defined workspace that’s all yours, whether it is in a garage or a card table and chair in a corner
- Create a set work schedule, giving due consideration to the activities and schedules of your family
- Create a wish list of resources to help you think through what you need and their sense of priority, even if you can’t afford these resources at this point
- Establish your benchmarks and resources with a clear timetable of when you plan to achieve them