.Overcoming your fear is one of the most difficult hurdles of starting a business. Starting a new business is such a leap of faith that it can scare the wits out of you; more so when you are leaving the comfort and security of a steady paycheck.
To help mitigate the risks and overcome your fear of starting a business, you can:
- Empower yourself with knowledge.
- Remember why you want to start a business.
- Write down your reasons for starting a business.
- Start the business part-time
- Be realistic with your expectations.
- Align your goals with your resources.
- Take a break.
- Build relationships and support system.
- Face your fears.
- Believe in yourself and in your business.
– Isabel M. Isidro, “10 Ways to Overcome Fear When Starting a Business,”