.If you are going to survive the process of starting a business and be a long-term success, then you need to be aware of the most common mistakes and pitfalls that can ruin your best-laid plans.
Here are 50 common mistakes to avoid when starting a business
- Not having a vision for the business, or what you want to achieve through and from the business.
- Losing focus about your vision and thus failing to reach your goals and objectives.
- Not having a clear understanding how the business will make money or the lack of a business model
- Selecting a business that you know nothing about, has no passion for, and in a field that you do not enjoy
- Ignoring warning signs about the business, from the high risks involved, competitor might, and even potential obsolescence
- Not starting a business with a clear plan, including financial strategies
- Not setting clear benchmarks and targets for the business — and failing to review them on a regular basis
- Not knowing exactly the startup expenses the business requires
- Making unrealistic and false assumptions about the business, especially in terms of cash flow and financial projections
- Insufficient funds to finance the business
For the complete list, read 50 Mistakes to Avoid When Starting a Business