.Slideshare.net is one of the leading social publishing sites today. While they initially focused on providing a platform for sharing PowerPoint presentations, they have soon expanded to allowing users to share PDF documents, even videos.
The presentation above is a good walk through of Slideshare.net’s experience as a startup and the lessons they’ve learned. Slideshare is a tech business, but there are a number of lessons a non-tech business can learn as well from what they’ve experienced.
Here are lessons you can learn from Slideshare
- Know what it is exactly you are offering
- Solve one problem really well
- Speed is imperative
- Build for the right reasons: start with less, add complexity (when necessary)
- Execution is all that matters
- Understand market size (and revenue model)
- Use metrics