.Starting a business is not easy. To improve your chances of success, there are a number of things that you need to know and prepare for, even before you launch the business.
From the Today Show’s “Starting a business? Tips for a successful launch” piece, here are some items that you need to prepare for and tips on how to successfully launch a new business:
- Build your cash reserve = start saving money for your business a few years before you even start it
- Know your credit score = know, protect and correct your credit score.
- Know your financial risk = know how much money you can afford to lose
- Don’t be afraid of debt, but use it wisely = if you are going to borrow to finance your business, make sure that you understand the terms
- Open a separate account for your business = know how much cash you have, how much you’re spending and how much is coming in
- Prepare to work hard = if you’re not geared up to work hard, don’t do it.