.Your business is only as good as the number of people who knows about it. For your venture to grow, you need to start spreading the word about your business. You may have the best products your field, but you cannot expect your business to breach the million-dollar mark in sales if only the people in your street know about it.
One way to get the word out about your business is through publicity. Tamara Monosoff in her book “The Mom Inventors Handbook: How to Turn Your Great Idea into the Next Big Thing,” offers some publicity quick tips
- Remember that reporters are constantly looking for stories. The key is to make your press releases compelling.
- Think of reporters as customers. They need to see your name a number of times before it will register.
- Start with the local media and then approach the national press. This will build credibility, helping you eventually get coverage in the more competitive national market.
- Plan your press releases in a series … design this series of information so that it ties together and tells a bigger overall story about your company
- Identify specific reporters you would like to target and snail mail your press release to them directly. Then follow up with a telephone call or email directly.
For more information on getting publicity for your business, visit Online Publicity/Public Relations Strategies.