.Working at home is not easy as some people think it is. You will be faced with a number of challenges that include unforeseen distractions and a lack of structured time.
From the article “Working at Home? 10 Ways to Be More Productive”, here are 10 ways you can improve productivity and get more done when working from home:
- Keep a separate, distinct work area in your home.
- As your business and personal time mesh, it’s more important than ever to structure your day.
- Outsource all you can, and streamline your business, making everything as automatic as possible.
- Use technology to your advantage.
- Group your meetings and errands together to minimize your out-of-office time.
- Stay focused and make your workspace off-limits to other roommates or family members when you’re working.
- Beware of yappers – friends and family who simply loves to chat with you.
- Keep track of your moods and productivity compared with the time of day.
- To bring out your best work, make your environment perfect for YOU, whether that means soft music or ergonomic chair.
- Find some places you can do work when you need a change of scenery, whether the library, the park, or your neighborhood coffee shop.
- Break for people and arrange for at least one social break during the week.